As I try to take off some baby fat (I thought that was all supposed to go away once you hit 30?), I’ve gotten into walking as my daily exercise routine. This mashup is Google maps & a Pedometer (http://www.gmap-pedometer.com) it combines the Google Maps interface with an interface to click and determine the length of your walk or run, along with a calorie counter. You can save the route for later viewing or modification, or even print it out.
It’s easy, here’s a quick rundown. At the top there’s a box [Jump to] enter your zip code there. Then zoom into until you find your street or wherever you want to start. On the left there’s a button [Start recording] click that, then double click on the map where you want to start. It will start recording your route; double click your way to corners & new streets. If you’ve made a wrong turn click the ‘Undo last Point’. When you’re through it will calculate the mileage and even your calories if you wish. This is a great tool if you’re training for a race, if you’re on vacation or just want to map out a route for taking off some baby fat! Enjoy and I hope to see you out walking too!
3 comments:
Thanks for the great info!!
Wow! Neil and I always just clock it out in our car. Neil's gonna like this!
Jules, the baby fat never really goes away, and if you're lucky and you lose yours, you pick up someone elses...it's very annoying. I'm impressed though - I only just walk around the cemetary 3 times... good enough for me. :)
Post a Comment