Monday, June 30, 2008
Life is Short, Take time to Live
Last weekend we were able to get away from it all. Well almost all, we met the Eldredge’s at Six Lakes which is in Altamont, UT (There are actually seven lakes but I’ll save that for another time) for a family reunion in a lovely lodge. This was the best family reunion I have ever attended. The three days and two nights consisted of food and a lot of free time. No schedules, no expectations and it was fabulous! As you enter the property the gates have this saying welded to them; “Life is Short, Take time to Live” so we did. We were able to eat really yummy food together, play games, make boondoggles, listen to siblings one up each other, go for walks, play and fish in the lakes, tie flies, sit in the hot tub, throw horse shoes, sleep in, take a nap at 4pm, roast Smores around a campfire (I opted out as I didn’t want to smell like smoke). I even read 300+ pages of a new book and tanned my legs. Stephen’s family (I know you’re reading this, so this part is for you) is really a lot of fun, like a nice pair of comfy shoes that you can just slip on and smile with! If we go again next year I will remember to bring the silly string and we can write letters to Derek and eat more food and play more fun games, maybe we could incorporate wedgies next year too. Stephen Eldredge and I both came back feeling refreshed and happy to be an Eldredge; thanks Grandma and Grandpa, thanks mom and dad, Good Night John Boy…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the lodge- Wouldn't that be nice for a house?!! Then to have Jade clean the sucker. Cute photo of you on the side.
Sorry I didn't get to visit with you more the other night. How were the burgers?
Post a Comment