I have been thinking a lot lately about shoes and my crappy, crappy feet. Please comment if you too torture yourself with shoes that are either too small, too big or too high of a heel just to feel & look attractive. I am famous for wearing shoes that I call "Hurty-Crappy's" Shoes that should only be worn for an hour and no more than 50 feet. Last night Stephen and I went to dinner and afterwards Stephen said; "let's run to Home Depot" my only thought was, 'OH my feet, my crappy, crappy feet'. I asked Stephen if we could go home first so I could change my shoes, he gave me the are you serious? look, and I was, I was serious! My feet hurt and the last thing I wanted to do was walk around Home Depot.
Currently my left foot has a blister on my little toe and my ankles are scuffed up from some flat shoes that kept rubbing on my ankles as I walked. The ironic part about the flat shoes are that my mom in law -Julie gave me them because she bought them for a great deal and they hurt her feet, no matter how many times she tried them on she said she only made it to the kitchen and decided; "No, these hurt my feet", well, she gave them to me and they hurt my feet too. Sorry mom the shoes are adorable but I too should only wear them to the kitchen.
I don't believe that men have this problem, they try on a pair of shoes and if they are comfortable- they buy them and they wear them and they always have a smile on their faces. Women try on shoes and think; "wellll, they're not that comfortable but look how great they make my ankles and calves look! Plus they're only $12.00!
I usually have a pair of flip flops in the trunk of my car so that if a pair of shoes I'm wearing are really uncomfortable I can switch them out. I realize it's insanity because regardless of how painful the shoes are or how my feet hurt, I continue to wear them.
Cinderella knew, a pair of shoes really can change a girls life!
4 comments:
yeah, i used to hobble around and deal with the pain until i started carrying a kid or two and a diaper bag... then it was just too much & i have switched to all comfy flats. :)
not cute, but practical.
kind of like my minivan.
:)
Oh my gosh! You just spoke the exact words I have thought a million times... I am famous for wearing shoes only for an hour. My husband hates it! I have one hour, two hours, and three hour shoes... then there's the all day ones that are usually the ugliest. Thanks for sharing :)
He,he,he. I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're going through. But by reading your post I think I may have gained a new appreciation with people like you, who have crappy, crappy feet! I love you Jules.
The price we pay for beauty!
Post a Comment