Monday, December 1, 2008

Black Friday!!!




I really enjoy Black Friday; looking through the ads on Thanksgiving day, planning out routes and making lists with my mom and sisters. And I also love getting a good deal.
This year we had made plans and marked stores to visit but that all changed on Thanksgiving night at 11:30pm…
We were over at my mom’s house talking about deals and items people wanted for Christmas, etc. And my sister Hollie was talking about a desktop computer that she & her husband wanted but it was at Best Buy and that they probably wouldn’t be able to get one of the 10 they would have in the store. Stephen chimed in that he had been looking at a TV on sale and that he would love to get it… So we talked some more and the husbands thought it was a great idea for Hollie and I to go wait in line for said items. We talked about the pros, the cons, the weather & the possibilities, etc. Stephen had another great idea to carry up the Love Sac from the basement and haul it in the back of his truck for Hollie and I to lay on while we waited. (Pure Genius!) So, at midnight Hollie and I got dressed in thermals, layers, coats, gloves, hats and bib overalls and headed to Best Buy to see how many crazy people were in line. We were shocked to see tents and people scattered down the sidewalk, around the building and onto the bridge. (Several people had been there for two days) What the?! So, we got in line and it was quite a production, Stephen pulled over, we jumped out with 3 blankets each, Stephen threw the Love Sac on the ground, we laid on it clutching our purses and he covered us with blankets and went home to go to bed. Our line friends were very jealous of the Sac, especially the newlyweds in sleeping bags on the ground next to us. (Amateurs) And the weird guy from Minnesota who stood the entire 5 hours wearing a thin jacket and listening to his Ipod; stood the entire time. Right behind us. Hollie and I went right to sleep and joked that we would wake up at 8:30am with birds chirping missing the whole thing, but alas we woke up at 3am, and then again at 4am when they were handing out the vouchers and we did it! We both got what we wanted along with some extra bags under our eyes! I haven’t ever slept outside on a Love Sac on a bridge surrounded by strangers but wow, was it fun! Hope you found some great deals too!

7 comments:

Lady Jady! said...

haha! love this story! Can you take me next year?!

Barlow Fam said...

You are sure daring!! But I;m glad that you got what you wanted!! That is a funny story!!

Hollie said...

Julie, I had a blast sleeping out at Best Buy with you. Let's do it again next year for sure! I still laugh when I think about all the fun we had.
Thanks again,

kholbro said...

So you were one of those crazy people sleeping out at Best Buy. We drove by at 3:45am and got quite a kick out of you all - sorry I didn't stop to say hi!

AliaRasmussen said...

What a great memory! I'm sure you had a great time making fun of the weird guy who stood up the entire time.

Anonymous said...

You're a nut. I love it though. Did you get my email? What date works for you?

Anonymous said...

I have just one word to say. CRAZY!!!! But of course that describes the Bronson part of your name - right?