Thursday, November 13, 2008

We're Expecting!!!!!!!!!........................

To travel to Zimbabwe Africa for Christmas!

I know…
I know what you were thinking and my only reply is; how could we travel to Africa if we were expecting a baby?
We will be there for 3 weeks (25 days) and I’m very excited and anxious. I have been promised that I’ll be able to ride an elephant, walk with lions and float the Zambezi river so that is something to look forward too! (I really want to ride an elephant and pet a monkey at the same time)
Usually this time of year before Thanksgiving I get all Scroogey when Christmas music starts to play on the radio and all of the décor is out before Halloween. But this year, I am embracing it. This trip will be a real test for Stephen. Will he survive sitting next to me, for 18+ hours on a plane? Will I survive without Diet Dr. Pepper?

African Phrase of the day:
Du sia du kple efe koklokoko.

*Literal Translation: 'Every country with its way of dressing a chicken'.
*Moral Teaching: The fact that people in different towns or localities kill and dress chickens differently is used to teach the general truth that people in different countries do things differently. For this reason, whenever you go to a foreign country or go into a new community take time to learn their ways of behavior and adjust your behavior accordingly.

For that reason, I’ve inserted a small disk into my ear so that the current earring hole will grow large like the size of a Ritz cracker and then I’m going to stop wearing a bra, starting right…..Now.

Side note: if any of you are interested in giving for Christmas, we will be able to deliver gifts & food to children & adults in Harare and just basics (like toothpaste & toothbrushes, deodorant, mini flash lights or batteries) would be a huge deal. Anything is appreciated because everything is needed.

6 comments:

Becky Rasmussen said...

He,he,he, Some people have children--and some people have passports. I'm so jealous!

The Brooks Family said...

I still want to know about the Zimbabwe connection you have. It's awesome, and random at the same time. The trip sounds like fun... I used to have a passport.

Doreen said...

I am going to embrace your trip also. Starting right now, I will no longer be wearing a bra either, and I am going to just wear my long night gown like a moomoo.
You know what they say...when in africa, bra off! (I am pretty sure that is what they say in Africa, you'll have to let me know.)

Kenny and Kelli Ray said...

Kenny told me to tell you that you should SERIOUSLY reconsider your trip because you can't donate blood if you've been to Africa. When I asked how long after he said 1 year, 5 years, maybe never. :) Guess we won't be going to Africa.

SW Portraits said...

Had me fooled for a second... I'm way excited for you. What an adventure. When are you going? I'd love to be able to help in any way I can.

The Queen Bee said...

Ha! I don't give blood, I never have...