Monday, November 10, 2008

In Loving Memory of a Little Dog...


Chip the Teacup Pup Eldredge

Chip was one of a kind and everyone he met instantly liked him if not loved him.
He had a sweet disposition, he was very loyal and he was always happy to see us. Saturday we went for a walk and he had a great time saying hello to neighbors and running at full speed. Everyone who passed in cars would slow down, watch him run or prance along the sidewalk and smile and wave at us. Chip went next door after our walk to play around and a big lab bit him on the neck and broke it. He died instantly.  I really loved that dog, I know most of you are rolling your eyes and saying; “It’s just a dog” but he was our best friend and I jokingly told Stephen that; “Chip was the glue that was holding our marriage together!”
For us empty nesters he was someone to take care of, talk to and complain about and someone to love. We will really miss that dog, but as my dad reminded us; All Dogs go to Heaven!

15 comments:

Jana said...

Julie, I'm so sorry! That is so sad. I will miss him, too. :(

Becky Rasmussen said...

= ( How sad. I'm sorry for your loss. I know you loved him. Did the Lab's owner witness the event? What's happening? That's kind of scary.

Moto X Mama said...

Were so sorry. We loved Chip like our own little dog. Hopefully he's in Heaven with Abby and playing with McKenna. I cried off and on all day Saturday. Breanna made her friends go home so she could cry. I still have Abby's favorite black stuffed animal kitty next to my bed.

The Brooks Family said...

Julie I'm sorry for your loss! It's never "just a dog" - seriously, they're always a part of the family! I'm positive all dogs go to heaven...

Bobbi said...

Oh guys, I am SO sorry. We loved Chip too--he was such a sweetie. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Jules - We are sorry too!! We loved Chip.

The Puzeys

Doreen said...

We are so sorry. He was the best dog cousin my kids could have asked for. I will certainly miss the "moonwalk" and the nipping at my kids while he was sitting on moms lap:( He will be missed.

Hollie said...

Julie,
We have been so sad about Chip since you told us. We have so many fun memories of him. You and Stephen spoiled him and took such good care of him. He really will be missed. If you need someone to cry to just call me.
Love Hollie

Anonymous said...

When you need to talk to a dog- you know the rest

Kenny and Kelli Ray said...

Oh Julie, I am so sorry. I know how much you loved Chip. A pet is part of your family...someone to take care of and love. I feel so sad for you. Chip was one of the only dogs I have ever liked, and to this date, the one and only reason I wanted a yorkie. Sorry for your loss. Love ya.

SW Portraits said...

Oh!!! Sad Julie!! I feel so bad for you guys! He was such a sweet dog! (unlike mine) My heart goes out to you though.

Anonymous said...

Julie and Steve, I am so sorry about Chip! We loved the little Guy. I know he is just like having a kid, so much a part of your everyday life.
My heart goes out to you.

Thinking of you.
Tom and Jo

kholbro said...

I'm so sorry Julie - what a bummer. Maybe you could adpot again...in Africa!

Giana Rasmussen said...

Julie,
I loved Chip too.:( I think I only saw him once but I still liked him a lot. I hope things got better. :| I'm sorry it took so long for me to see it. :(

Anonymous said...

I don't know you, but I just wanted to say how truly I am for your loss of Chip :( I do understand the loss of a pet, your friend, part of the family, all rolled up in one. ) For I to loss a good friend.May the happy memories you had with Chip,carry you through this sorrowful time.