Thursday, September 11, 2008

We did it! We beat the Layton's!


It happened without much thought or effort. We sat down to eat dinner at 6:15pm on a Wednesday night. Why is this such a feat you ask? There has been a long running joke between the Layton’s and Eldredge’s because the Layton’s eat dinner every night before 6pm (See http://dinneratfive.blogspot.com/ ) or at least before 7pm and the Eldredge’s eat dinner every night before 9pm or at least before 11pm. They can’t comprehend how we can eat dinner so late and we can’t comprehend how they can eat dinner so early. Heidi loves to call at 9:30 and snicker; “have you eaten dinner yet?” Hee, hee.

I haven’t always been a late eater until I met SE. While we were dating we were at his parent’s home, it was around 10:30pm and his mom asked; “Who wants tacos?” I quickly found that this was a typical dinner time for the Eldredge family.
Weird… and fun. I’ve ordered a pizza at 11pm, I’ve started defrosting hamburger at 9:15 and find that dinner usually comes after the days activities have come to an end. (I know, Oprah is shaking her head right now.)

Yesterday Mr. Layton came over to pick up dinner (Heidi cooks for me on Tuesday’s I cook for her on Wednesday’s) and exclaimed; “You’re eating before us?! It’s only 6:30!” And Stephen said; “I know, I’m going to have to eat again at 9:30.”

We were quite proud of eating so early but doubt we will do it again… until next Wednesday when we get dinner out the door for the Layton’s so they can eat before Seven. Bon Appetite!

5 comments:

SW Portraits said...

Glad we're not the only ones that eat this late! =)

Anonymous said...

That's funny. In fact in the summer its always 9 before we eat. I am just wondring how I can get someone to cook for me on Wednesday?

The Brooks Family said...

We hardly ever eat before 8, and when we do we always have a late night "snack". I'm glad to know we're not alone!

Kent and Heidi said...

Eldredge! You are a hoot!! Last night we ate dinner at 7:30!! Can you imagine? Kent was almost starved to death! Poor thing!
p.s I LOVE the meal trade!

Bobbi said...

You are so adorable....and you've been tagged by me. :)