Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Boston get's a Boo-boo

Two weeks ago on a Sunday I was making dinner and cookies, etc. and the boys were playing in the kitchen. They had the drawer under the stove open and were dropping things in there and looking at the pans I store in there. Judd shut Boston's Right hand in the drawer and Boston pulled it out, while still shut. I thought he had just smashed it and didn't realize until later that he burned it too. (I didn't know it got hot under there. :( )

Julie, LaMar & Heather came over for dinner that night so we took turns holding his hand under cold water at the sink and keeping it in a cup of ice & water. He was really in a lot of pain so we gave him more Advil and Stephen took him for a car ride to help him fall asleep.
The next day we saw that the pads of all 4 fingers were burned and blistered (2nd degree burns). We took Bos up to my mom's house (our version of instacare) and she and Stephen wrapped it. And then just a few days ago my mom popped the blisters and cut the dead skin away. (Ewww- I couldn't watch that part- insert Stephen and mom) It hasn't bothered him, he still uses the wrapped hand like normal even though just his thumb is out. He is quite the Houdini and has spent several nights unwrapping the bandage while in bed and then the next morning sleeping in until 10am. Because he was up all night WORKING!!! He has really started to use and favor his left hand when picking up things, throwing things and eating, and I'm not sure if he's a true lefty or just favoring it because his right hand is in the shop?

It's looking better every day and hopefully we won't have any more Boo-boo's this year.



2 comments:

Kelly and Lindsay Mecham and Girls!!! said...

oh poor kid! Navey did that when she was about a year and a half only she touched the iron while i was pressing my clothes and it got her whole hand!!! It was the saddest thing ever I felt so bad there is nothing worse than a burn! The day after she did it Ashly and I went shopping in Provo and she showed everyone all day and people felt so bad for her!

Jana said...

Oh, poor little dude. We had a similar incident with Macie. Which reminded me of another incident, years ago, with my brother... poor babies.