Friday, May 27, 2011

What You've Missed!

I won't apologize for my non blogging ways, because I've been kissing boo-boo's, wiping noses, receiving kisses from two sweet boys and playing on the floor! But I'm back, feeling a little more organized than I have the last three months!

I was doing a boot camp program 4-5 days a week until I twisted my ankle real bad at the end of March. Stephen and I celebrated our birthdays at the end of March and we celebrated the boys 1st birthday at the first of April. We invited the entire family to our home (which is way too small for 35+ people) and had a lite supper and dessert. It was a little overwhelming and several of my sisters had to bow out early. :)

The boys had their first haircuts, their molars have come in, they went from crawling to walking and their mom dressed them up like girls for April Fools Day!
Judd driving his police car
Boston helping in the kitchen
The 'Girls' on April Fools Day
Boston's first Haircut
Judd's first Haircut


Boston is still a Ham and makes funny noises and faces.
He gurgles everything he drinks.
He is a food hoarder and will shove everything on his tray into his mouth and use his finger to push the food back into his cheeks to fit more food in.
He will be playing and come over and give me a kiss on the lips- he's such a sweetheart!
He uses his thumbs to point to things and touch things.
At his one year check up he was 30" tall and weighed 20 pounds 6 ounces.
He loves to help me in the kitchen, watching what I have cooking on the stovetop. I hand him rubber spatula's and measuring cups and spoons and he 'helps' me.
He LOVES animals especially dogs and our dog Mini- they are pals.
He loves the bath and also loves the toilet!
Bos loves to pull the pillows off the couch, throw them on the floor and lay on them in front of the TV.


Judd is a jibber-jabber and talks to us like we know exactly what he's talking about while pointing at things.
He's a great eater and will take Boston's food off his tray and out of his hands.
He loves to be outside and everyday he likes to go in their bedroom, shut the door and play by himself for 15-30 minutes.
He stands on his tiptoes to reach the doorknob, the water paddle on the fridge and the tops of the countertops.
He loves his Opa (LaMar) and prefers him over everyone else, even his MOTHER!!
He does sign language very well-and can ask for things especially cookies and more.
He also waves bye-bye and blows kisses.
He loves peek a boo but covers his ears when we say; "Where's Judd?"
At his one year check up he was 30" tall and weighed 21 pounds.
He loves to go Bye-Bye and play outside.
Judd will wear a hat and shoes while Bos hates shoes and anything on his head.

We've said Bye-Bye to bottles and binkies. I was tired of washing bottles and I figured I've got to ween them sometime! And when we went in for their 1 year appt. The Dr. asked if Judd uses a pacifier. I said yes, and he said; "well his teeth are already pushing together and out so unless you want to use an orthodontist in the future I would limit the use of the pacifier." So that night, we didn't give Judd his Binki and he never asked for it or missed it! (We only gave it to him to sleep anyway so not so bad)

They are still taking two naps a day which is nice for me. They are so busy and most days I still feel overwhelmed but, 44oz drinks help. :)

No comments: