Tuesday, April 27, 2010

How Time Flies

Last Saturday the boys turned three weeks. Some days seem to go by in a blur and some hours seem to drag for weeks. I'm slowly adjusting to being at home, twins are alot more work that I initially thought in that perfect place in my mind (the one that thinks I can do everything, and all by myself!) I'm often overwhelmed especially when they're both fussy and wanting to be held or fed at the same time! Mostly I have cabin fever and when Stephen comes home I say; "Let's go somewhere". My hips and lower back have been really sore and made it painful & difficult to walk let alone get out for a walk or to shop. Every day it's getting better.
I also underestimated the amount of guilt that comes with being a mom. Guilt for taking a long shower, guilt for thinking- 'this is hard' & wanting to leave to get a break from them- Gads, guilt will kill you! On a positive note in three weeks I've lost 36 pounds! That was easy...

Here are some pictures of the last three weeks. Boy, they're cute!





9 comments:

Becky Rasmussen said...

They are SO cute. Thanks for sharing them with us. Alia smiled all the way home after we got to hold them.

kholbro said...

What sweet little boys!

Three Men and a Janie said...

They are so handsome! (Paul doesn't let me call boys "cute." I've learned this the hard way.)

Clark Fam said...

Twins are hard! You deserve to say that! and its ok to want breaks. You'll get the hang of two before you know it.

Hang in there. Call if you need anything.

SW Portraits said...

AMEN TO EVERYTHING YOU SAID! (Minus one baby for me-but still!) Your boys are adorable!

Christiansen's Hog Heaven said...

Time Does Fly! Before you know it they will be making you PB & J's in the kitchen. Oh Man I better go!
Can't wait to see them again.

Natilie said...

Julie, they are beautiful. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

They are growing like weeds [and that's good] - Still have their same looks as they did three weeks ago - Grma E

The Brooks Family said...

welcome to guilthood... er motherhood. it's the same thing. I feel guilty for wanting to go to the bathroom by myself when she's howling at the door... it don't think it ever ends!! And you HAVE to get out without them sometimes! If not you'll go crazy... trust me, I'm halfway there and I only have one!!

They're adorable btw!