Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Six Months & Counting!



Six months have passed and in case you haven't heard we're having twin boys! Which is great news to me; I've always wanted to be a mother of boys and pictured myself raising boys.

Today, for the first time, I'm feeling pregnant. Luckily (I know most women are rolling their eyes at me) I've had a really easy pregnancy; no sickness, zero food aversions and no weird side effects other than an expanding belly and feeling tired beyond comprehension. My Dr. said; "This is the pregnancy to be a wimp" So I am. I'm a wimp. I don't do anything I don't want to and if I'm tired, I take a nap. Naps are good.

The most common question I get asked when people find out I'm having twins are: "Oh, did you do it on your own?" [they're asking did I use fertility] and my response is always; "No, my husband helped"

The second most common question is; "What are you naming the boys?" The answer is; We don't know! If you have any suggestions for the birth certificates we'd like to hear them! C'mon, help us!

And most often people comment; "You look great, pregnancy suits you" Yes, thank you, that's because for once in my life, I have an excuse for a big belly, for eating what I want and taking naps in the middle of the day. Laziness does suit me!

Right now, I'm exactly where I want to be, waiting for our gifts to arrive!!

4 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

We truly are so happy for you guys, Boys are the hardest to name, I'm so sorry you have to do it twice, it just seems like all the really good boy names are now girl names. I wish I had some suggestions for you but I don't. I'm so glad that you are feeling well, it really is the best thing ever!! Let me know if I can do anything for you I would love to help out any way that I can..

Becky Rasmussen said...

People ask such odd questions, don't they? At the beginning of my pregnancy with my third they'd say "Are you going to be upset if it's another girl?" What do you say. I'm sure you'd have a clever answer to that too, Julie.

kholbro said...

I'm SO happy for you guys! Hey, I say take all the naps you can possibly squeeze in! Glad your pregnancy has been so great. As for help with names - all I can say is GOOD LUCK!

The Brooks Family said...

I'm so excited for you Julie! All i can say is catch as many naps as you can now - you won't get any more sleep EVER again after they're born!! lol. Good luck with the names - I don't envy you having to come up with two!!