Monday, April 13, 2009

Not by the hair of my chinny, chin, chin

I wonder how often this happens to other people because I know I can’t be the only one. As you’re getting ready in the morning or maybe you pull down the visor in your car to take a quick glance in the mirror and you see it. It’s a hair, a single, long hair… growing from your chin or neck. And sometimes it can be pure white, but other times it’s black. And you wonder; “What the fire?” How long has this thing been here? And why is this the first time I’ve seen it? How did it get so long and I haven’t noticed it? How many people have seen it and thought; “She must be preparing for a position at a Chinese restaurant” or “Maybe she plans to donate that to Locks of Love?”
But that’s the scary part, because you see women with long facial hair and think; “Well she must be aware of that and has accepted her fate” I want you to know, I wasn’t aware and I haven’t accepted my fate! I’ve made an appointment for a wax on Saturday and if you see me with a long hair please be a friend and give me the Tweezers sign. (Thumb & pointer finger in a crocodile’s mouth motion) Thanks and happy Tweezing or Waxing!

7 comments:

Jana said...

OH, I didn't see it. Or I would have told you. Please tell me if I have one.
I'm sometimes afraid that I will be referred to as "Rob's wife-- you know, the one with the goatee?"

he he... locks of love... he he

Christiansen's Hog Heaven said...

I didn't notice it! But I have felt that way too! Anyway I am so glad that you finally updated your blog.

Doreen said...

HA HA HA HA I personally haven't had this happen, but I have a very close friend, VERY VERY CLOSE that has. If you do get the job at the chinese place call me, and maybe we, errr my friend could work with you! Glad to see you back on the blog roll. (not to be confused with the cinnamon roll)

Abbie said...

Well you are getting to be thirty something right? Funny things start happening to your body when you reach that age! Oh and by the way HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY.

Becky Rasmussen said...

Welcome to the club Julie and thanks for making me smile!

The Brooks Family said...

Seriously, locks of love!? Giggled out loud on that one.

Bobbi said...

Really, I should know by now to go potty before I sit down to read your blog! You totally crack me up.