
Halloween was looking to be very uneventful as Stephen was preparing to go out of town to hunt pheasants and I was preparing to... eat dinner by myself and hand out candy bars. I went to Costco after work and when I got home walked up to the deep freeze in the garage to put some chicken away. Right when I opened the door I realized the light wasn't working, then I smelled it, blood, blood dripping from the door, the shelves and the meat. Our freezer had been defrosting for 3+ days. There weren't any blood curdling screams like you'd expect on Halloween, just a few dry heaves. And I said; "Honey, we're in big trouble." So we spent the next three hours taking bad, blood dripping meat out in garbage bags, holding my breath so I wouldn't blow chunks on an already big mess. Then sifting through and putting the good meat (still frozen) in two coolers and two laundry baskets along with my freezer jam to take to my sisters house. (Bless you sister for having enough room!) Stephen is a real romantic and after we ditched the bad meat in a place not to be named, he bought me Cafe Rio after buying shotgun shells at Wal-Mart and renting me a Redbox. I know ladies, I know, but he's all mine. Stephen was lucky enough to be huntung the next day because the real horror came when the freezer had to be cleaned and bleached. Oh the horror. Happy Bloody Halloween. Sorry to all you trick or treaters that came to my house for full sized candy bars; if you want to come dressed up any other day this week, I will still give you a treat. Beef Jerky anyone??? ;)
4 comments:
First of all I feel so bad for you. I have experienced this first hand (only being pregnant) I didn't eat meat for months and months and months!!!
Second of all- what time should I come over dressed in my costume to enjoy a full size candy bar!!
Ugh! I'm sorry - I HATE that smell!!
Hi Julie this is Giana in case you don't remember me I am Becky's 'little girl' but I wanted to drop by and see what was going on. Oh yeah have you been visiting my blog recently. Oh never mind don't answer that and if you do don't tell my mom I asked.
Julie, you should have called me. I would come and helped you. I know there are times that we enjoy our quiet time when our husband's take off, but cleaning out the freezer isn't one of them. BTW, you've been tagged.
Post a Comment