
Have you ever done this? Our first experience with Midnight Movies was with the last of the Bourne series (Jason Bourne). Stephen saw a preview on TV at like 9pm and said; “Hey lets go to that, it opens tonight at Midnight” My first thought was; “It’s like 9:37 it’s bedtime!?” But then I remembered that I don’t really have a curfew, or children or responsibilities and I roll into work at 9:30 every morning anyway- so WHY NOT?!
He wanted to get there at 11pm to get a good seat; to which I replied; “I’m pretty sure there’s not going to be a ton of people going at midnight dear, we should go like 15 minutes early.”
We show up at 11:45, Popcorn is popping, Junior Mints are being extracted from the freezer, Soda’s are being filled, there are lines, there are several movie theaters already filled! What the?! We end up sitting in the very front. Stephen gave me the- Gads look. You know the sideways, I told you so. I got motion sickness from sitting too close and the movie was very shaky anyway; so halfway through I was standing over the toilet in the women’s restroom. Then I went back in and told Stephen; “I’m going home, call me when it’s over and I’ll come back and pick you up” I went home and laid on the couch- nauseated until 2:15. But funny enough, it was a very fun experience and we even saw four of my cousins and several other people we know. I was like; “this is a whole new Midnight World that I didn’t even know existed!” So tonight we invited our friends Kenny & Kelli to join us for the Midnight showing of Indiana Jones. It’s not that we are super fans of Indiana Jones or Harrison Ford for that matter; it’s just that when you’re old, you have to find cool, fun things to do to make yourself feel young again. (By the way, our friends, ha, ha, are taking naps before the show so they can make it until 2am!) Wimps! I do get into loungy pants and a hoody and wash my face and lotion my hands and feet, so I’m kind of getting ready for bed- but I don’t brush my teeth because you’ve got to eat popcorn at midnight, and frozen Junior Mints, and Red Vines and Diet Coke, oh and Peanut M&M’s. OK, OK, I go for the Midnight Buffet that just happens to be at a MOVIE THEATER!
I think it would be a fun tradition that when your child turns like 11 or 12, you take them to a midnight movie. But what do I know, I only parent a 6 year old dog and every time I see my nieces and nephews I offer them gum, candy and kisses?!
Find a sitter and meet us there!
4 comments:
Ok too Fun. I love that you went home during the movie and left Stephen Eldredge there. Whatever. I was laughing the entire post. Did Stephen Eldredge like the movie? And how was Chip when you got home? Have a great day!
WHO WOULD DO THAT? Midnight movie....that's just crazy. ;)
Julie my kids totally want to take me to this movie for my birthday but they have school tomorrow! I'll wait till summer and hit a midnight movie ... you've never delt with tired 9 and 10 year olds before! We have a drive in movie out here, you and Stephen should come out for Stir Fry and a Drive in Movie...."Get Yer Mattress in the back of yer truck" That would be so funny if Stephen drove home with you asleep in the very back of the truck!!!!
Okay, I ran across your blog through Jen, then Kristi, so I decided to drop you a note! So good to find old friends in the Blogging world! Good to see you are doing so well!! Jammie - you better remember me to - we used to eat lunch together, and pass Jack Handy thoughts back and forth, Oh! and I married your neighbor. :)
Post a Comment