Wednesday, May 28, 2008

He has a Sense of Humor!


I imagine when I was in heaven waiting to come to earth I was asked; “What do you want to be known for, what will make you feel successful?” And I probably said; “I want to help people with my hands, I want to serve others and for them to be happy without realizing that it was me that did something great for them.” In my mind I was probably thinking of a musical instrument, creating art or making something others would look at and enjoy.
I know that God has a sense of humor, because this is my calling in life, this is what I give back to society. I change toilet paper rolls. For the first few years I thought I had bad luck because every time I sat down, there was the brown cardboard roll, or the few pieces of paper left (C’mon people, if you’re just not using the other two squares just so you won’t have to change it- just use it and really stick it to me) And it’s not like there isn’t toilet paper, oh no, it’s just sitting on top of the dispenser or counter, waiting to be changed, or in a cute little basket, or a cute little drawer next to the toilet. Now I have realized- this is my calling in life.
I have the ‘opportunity’ to give service at home, at work, at grocery stores, movie theaters, at restaurants, at gas stations while traveling, at the temple. And every time I change a roll I think; “I’m really good at this, I bet someone will sit here after me and really appreciate the time I took for them.” In Europe I sat in the loo and once again the rolls were sitting on top of the dispenser and my thought was; “People, what else are you doing besides just sitting here? You can take 1 minute to put the rolls on, can’t you?” And I was going to change it, but then I remembered that I (well Stephen) had to pay a pound to use the loo. And I decided…never mind- they can do it. Next time you change the roll of toilet paper, think of me and pay it forward!

3 comments:

Moto X Mama said...

I do the same DARN thing, I think it's called a "pet peeve". Try this next time, get the new roll, use some, put it back into the cupboard.

Jana said...

TAG YOU'RE IT!
My friend Tagged me, so read my 6 random facts on my blog & then do your own... Please?

And you're hilarious, btw.
I change the roll sometimes,but I never thought of it as my gift to society before. I need to appreciate my talents more!!!

kholbro said...

Thank goodness there are people like you around!!! :)