Monday, April 28, 2008

Unanswered prayers, Garth was onto something...

I thank God everyday for unanswered prayers.
For the first time in 9 years I saw my ex- husband. It was a weird, yet satisfying experience. I of course looked fabulous so it made the experience even better. When I first walked into the store he was standing at the register and we couldn’t avoid each other. He said “Hi”, and acted a little nervous. I said; “Hello, how are you?” He said; “Good” and I said; “Great” and that was that.

When I got back in my car, memories of the breakup flooded my mind- not the sad, drab ones (I’ve used coping skills to get rid of those) but the funny ones.
Why get mad when you can get even? I’m much smarter than this guy.

Come down memory lane with me, won't you?
I started by getting a custom license plate holder made that said;
“I’m sleeping with a whore”
I paid $17.99 for it and paid a little extra for large text, I drove to his work that night, with a screwdriver and installed the little gem. I drove around with a smile for a long time.
I would love to have seen who noticed it first, him or her?

I sold all of his possessions at a yard sale for pennies.
New Compressor: $7.00
Craftsman Tool Set: $12.00
Sony Amplifier: $10.00
Offering him the money his items made: Priceless

I cut the crotch out of all his pants. Then I put said pieces in a sandwich baggy and put them in one of the pockets of the pants. I also had the opportunity to make a copy of his car key before he left without him knowing, it was convenient one night with some girlfriends to drop by his work and pour whole milk and crack several dozen eggs under his car seats.
Breakfast in bed baby!
I have since repented of all these revengeful acts, but oh the sweet memories.
I wonder why he seemed nervous...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And that it was I love and remember about you most. WAY TO GO. Being a better person and getting the last word!!! And today you are having a GREAT day. I love your blog!

sherry ward said...

LOL... LOL... LOL... LOL... Ok, so you are seriously my hero!! That is AWESOME! We had these stupid, LOUD, annoying birds that I HATED with a passion and when I was packing to come home it took every bit of self control to not let those retarded birds fly right out the window and die. Sounds cruel, but HE LOVED these birds. I wish I would have been more daring like you were. ;)

Becky Rasmussen said...

Wooo! Hooo! Thank you for sharing. I laughed so hard, I wish I could've been there. Amen to thanking God for unanswered prayers. Hail the Queen Bee!

The Red Hen said...

All I can say is NEVER and I mean NEVER get on the bad side of a Bronson Woman!!

You ROCK! I especially loved the license plate holder and the crotch cutting. ;)

Timmses said...

Love it Jules! I laughed so hard reading this. And I love that you looked great when you ran into him, way to go!

Jana said...

more confirmation of WHY i like you so much.

sweet.

The Brooks Family said...

I read this and had a total Julie Flashback! LOVE IT! Love your attitude!!